Advocacy & Awareness
We’re looking for a few good men and women to join FT’s ADVOCACY TEAM.
The Advocacy Team will be dedicated to raising awareness of fibromyalgia and chronic fatigue syndrome throughout the world. We hope that by consolidating our efforts, we can raise the profile of FMS/CFS in the medical community and society at large.
Many of our members have excellent organizational and advocacy skills. Others are just plain feisty. All of you have a vested interest in this project and the results we hope to achieve. Here are some of our objectives:
* Promote greater awareness of FMS/CFS
* Target governments, politicians and leaders of the medical community with letter-writing campaigns
* Create brochures and educational materials for family members, spouses, and friends of FMS/CFS sufferers
* Encourage television/radio/other media outlets to feature FMS/CFS (the “Oprah” factor)
* Other (our strategies are evolving so ideas are welcome!)
We hope to hold general meetings of the Advocacy Team from time to time. If you’re interested in joining the Advocacy Team, please Contact Us and direct your comment to the “Advocacy Team”.