I Just Need You To Understand.. And He Does. 
FibroTalk Fan

Post I Just Need You To Understand.. And He Does.
I'm feeling extremely loved right now, and I really wanted to share it with everyone.

My fiance and I have been together for almost 7 months.. I know it's not long, but sometimes it just doesn't need to be. We know each other like the back of our own hands and he is the first to really understand me, and I, him.

We have been talking about buying another car for a couple weeks. We really need it so I'm not stuck at home all the time on my "good" days and I can actually go and get things done. He was telling me how a car he found and really wanted was an hour away.. I told him I don't think I could handle that trip and driving a car back all that way. I'm not good with traveling, to boot.

I was extremely upset and felt like a bother, like I'm worthless and pathetic. I got on here and starting reading the Letters to Normals.. I found a couple that hit home, and also the Spoon Theory from a few nights ago.

I posted some things on Facebook and wrote one in a note and had him read them. I was crying the whole time but I told him that I just wanted him to understand.. I didn't care if he could relate, but he just needed to understand and make a choice of whether or not he really wanted to marry and deal with my disease with me for the rest of our lives. He said he didn't understand why I would ask such a thing.. So I grabbed the spoons.

12 spoons, and asked him what he wanted to do tomorrow. He made it to go pick up his car (second trip) with not enough spoons to drive it home, finish laundry, do dinner, game, or shower. I told him this is what I go through and this is why I get so frustrated.. I would love to be able to tackle a day straight out of bed like he can, but I can't. I have to plan ahead just in case it's a "bad" day. I'm always planning. Everything.

Then it hit him. He finally understood what he might not have at first, and started to cry. He told me he may not be able to relate, but he understands and will accept that I have this disease and do what he can to make everything easier for me -- anything he can, and that he doesn't want some disease being an excuse for him to lose me.

Then we just held each other :) I'm happy because even if no one else in the world believes me or understands what I'm going through, he does -- and he wants to live with it. Forever.

Attachments:
Indy Love 065.JPG
Indy Love 065.JPG [ 192.8 KiB | Viewed 4570 times ]

Someday this disease will be my story and not my excuse.
Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:10 pm
FibroTalk Fan

Post Re: I Just Need You To Understand.. And He Does.
Btw, that date is COMPLETELY incorrect LOL

Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:11 pm
FT 500 Club

Wow, he's sweet and super cute too! So happy for you!

And kudos to you for doing such a great job of explaining things to him! That took courage, patience, and eloquence.

:thumbsup

Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:39 pm
FT First Lady

Glad you have a good there!

CourtneyLayne wrote:
Btw, that date is COMPLETELY incorrect LOL

Glad you caught that too, cus, I was like........hmmm.....why is this dated 5 years ago and they've only been together 7 months.....hmmmmmmmm.

Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:46 pm
FT 500 Club

You have a keeper! :yahoo Don't let him get away. I'm glad that he is able to understand your limitations. That's one thing that my brother doesn't seem to get.

I hope that he will explain this disease to those around you who don't understand.

Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:48 am
Fibromite

That is so awesome! This made me cry, because he's so understanding. He actually took the time and effort to listen to you. I'm so happy for you! :yahoo

Sat Apr 21, 2012 1:21 pm
FT Hall of Famer

Now that was just great to read thank you for posting it lifted my spirits up for the day nope maybe for the week :) And you are such a good looking couple :thumbsup He sounds a great young man long may you both be very happy :hug

love Mo *rows*

NO EXERCISE FOR SEVEN DAYS MAKES ONE WEAK
http://pixamo.simplesite.com Welcome to my personal Blog Mo

Wed Apr 25, 2012 7:25 am
FT Favourite

That sounds so much like my story. Hard to believe there are such good guys out there, among the thorns. But once you find him, don't let go. I'm happy you've got such a remarkable guy. The loving support from even one person can make or break life with this disease, and it sounds like he's got his priorities straight.

:yahoo

My Blog

TGG = "The Great Guy", my wonderful, supportive, gorgeous fiance!

Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:55 pm
FibroTalk Fan

Wow, I went to view my posts and found this and it made me cry! I am so happy that I could lift some people up with this story.

I have some news, though ....

He and I are on our way to our 3 year anniversary and we are engaged! He still understands and still gets it and does everything he can to make things easier for me. I couldn't ask for more.

Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:39 pm
FT First Lady

Really happy for you! :wave

Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:26 pm
Site Admin

:hiya I hope you're having a good day.

Alittle bit of eduation goes a long way. I find men are more visual learners. So teaching him with spoons and the letter is alot for him to absorb and process. I give him credit for trying to understand

I give you credit for being honest with your self and him. Not always easy in our over stimuated minds.

There are men with fibro who are members = posts from male perspectives

We're here if you need us :hug

Respectfully Gauchi

Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:06 am