Maybe I imagined it all?? 
FibroTalk Fan

Post Maybe I imagined it all??
I just wanted to find out if others seem to vary so much from day to day, they sometimes wonder if they imagined it all?

I am feeling so much better today than the last week or two, I am wondering if perhaps it wasn't real. Maybe it was a virus?

Is that silly? Sorry it is.

Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:32 am
FibroTalk Fan

Thank you, Barbara. It helps so much to hear others have been through similar.

I am seeing the doctor tomorrow, although only a GP. I am so very nervous, I wonder what will happen if he says "it is just a virus" as I don't feel it is. It has been going on for years (if you count the hand/finger pain and strange abdominal problems).

But I equally worry what will happen if he says it isn't a virus. I know, confusing, isn't it?

Thanks for the support.*thanks*

Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:46 am
FT First Lady

Post havingfunyet
it does depend on person to person how we deal with the pain,its just bloody hell somedays,then other not bad,u could get up with alot of energy then the next day got none at all.

Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:06 am
FT First Lady

Yes, for me, it comes and goes. I have days when I wonder why I've been making a fuss. Then it hits again and I remember I am not making this up.

Take the time today to write down as best you can what you have experienced the last year - and how long it lasted.

I made the mistake of going to my GP with "I've had the flu for 4 weeks now". I would then be treated for that and only that even though over the years it repeated.

Only when I got a new GP did I sit down and write out all I could remember - going back about 20 years! It sure surprised me.

When I showed it to my GP, I was taken seriously right off. It was the pattern of stuff coming and going that convinced her.

Write it down so you don't forget or make general statements.

Good luck - hope you are listened to!!

Kendall

Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:14 am
FT 500 Club

Yes, for me. It's a see-saw. Several days of feeling
so relatively well I go into denial I have anything.

Then some days (weeks) so bad, I doubt I'll ever feel
better.

In both cases I try to remember the only constant is
change.

Good luck to you as you deal with your version of this
see-saw - and enjoy the good days. :hug

Lucy *rows*

Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:17 am
FibroTalk Fan

I can't begin to explain how much it has helped to hear you all go through similar things.

I have started to write a list, but I keep wondering how far I go back. When I look at it all, I have been a mess from early on - but this was always attributed to childhood trauma. Yet I don't want to go into that with him - it is too hard for me to talk about. So I am not sure how to handle it all.

I just hope he is a GP who believes in fibro. It would be awful if he didn't after all this.

~Addy~

Sun Sep 23, 2007 7:10 pm
FibroTalk Fan

No answers yet. The GP has referred me to have a CT scan, and then see the neurologist. The neurologist appointment is 4 months away! But the GP said to him it sounds like a mild to moderate neurogical disorder (whatever that means).

If there is no luck from the neuro, then he said we go to a rheumotologist. Sounds like the next few months aren't going to give me any answers.

Do most people have a CT scan and see the neuro first? Or straight to the rheumotologist?

~Addy~

Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:38 pm
FT Hall of Famer

:wave HFY,my dr sent me straight to the rheumatologist,that was where i got my diagnosis,but i also saw a neuro for other problems i have with this illness,hope you get answers soon :hug bo

Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:00 am
FT First Lady

Post neurologist got to see 1
i have to go and see a neurologist this saturday,i havent seen 1 b4 its my first time,my own doctor referred me to a rheumy thats where i got my diagnosis,wow i cant believe u have to wait 4months for an appointment,i thought i did as well,but got 1 in 5weeks,goodluck

Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:14 am
FT Favourite

:wave HFY....about the 4 months wait....you might try calling that doctor's office and telling them that you would accept a 'canellation' appointment and then perhaps they can work you in earlier.

While you wait.....you have found the BEST place to be!!! Go back and read the posts dealing with diagnosis and treatments....also the symptoms lists. Educate yourself as best you can and then you will know more about this stuff when you go to the docs. You will also be able to tell if you are seeing a doc who 'knows what he/she is doing' when it comes to fibro!

Anytime you need to talk, feel free to pm...we are all here for you!!!!

Don't ignore that childhood trauma either......I know it is painful for you, and you don't have to 'discuss' it with anyone until you are ready, but there is a lot of 'stuff' out there that can trigger fibro and childhood trauma is one oat the top of the list!!

Take care of yourself, please and know that we care about ALL that you are going through!!!

Sending extra grace your way.... and prayers for a speedy diagnosis...
Susan :hug

...keep your minds thinking about whatever is true, whatever is respected, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever can be loved, and whatever is well thought of. If there is anything good and worth giving thanks for, think about these things. Philippians 4

http://www.jensmeresjoys.blogspot.com

Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:24 am
FibroTalk Fan

Thank you, if you don't mind me sticking around, I will. I am not convinced that the GP is right, and I have tried to research polyneuropathy (that is what the Gp first said, it was some form of polyneuropathy. Then when I was leaving he said he thinks it is a mild to moderate neurological thing) but it doesn't make sense to me.

Does anyone know anything about polyneuropathy, or have a dual diagnosis with fibromyalgia?

~Addy~

Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:45 pm
FibroTalk Fan

Thanks for that. I did google it, but neuro stuff all goes over my head. I can't think at the best of times in depth like that!

I guess I am getting frustrated because I don't know if the GP is barking up the wrong tree by sending me to the neuro.

I spoke to my psych. doctor today and he helped me a lot. He has advised me to go and have the CT scan now, and then he will have a look at it to rule out the 'obvious' things (tumour, etc). Then he thinks we will be able to track down a neuro who will be quicker than the 4 months I was originally told. And if I want to go to the rheumo first (after having the CT scan and getting the latest blood work back) then I can do that.

He also thinks that a good neuro should be able to say whether I should be seeing a rheumo, or if it is a neuro thing from the first visit, with all the info he will be given. Good news, because I was beginning to fret I was going to be going through a whole battery of tests to be told it isn't a neuro thing.

Finally the psych doctor is going to do some more research into fibro, and let me know on friday what he thinks. I gave him the full list of symptoms, so he knows exactly what is going on now. At least I will then have one doctors opinion, which might help put my mind at ease a little.

~Addy~

Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:58 am
FT Favourite

Seeing a good neuro is definitely a good idea, if nothing else just to rule stuff out.

Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:27 pm
Fibromite

Post Re: Maybe I imagined it all??
I was dx almost 4 weeks ago.... I have so many signs/symptoms all over the place that I think surely I must be making all these things up! I must be crazy! :dizzy I get mixed emotions about my dx because some days I'm totally fine, no pains, not tired, mind is clear and sharp.... then 3 days later I feel like I could lay down and melt into the couch! Pain in my hips and butt cheeks, cant remember what color underwear I have on and the cat walking on me feels like a watermelon on tooth picks..... I just feel so silly sometimes because I'm not as severe as some poor souls, like I should stop complaining and be so lucky. I have another appt with my Rheumo tomorrow to go over my mri, lab work and ECHO results.... :shrug

Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:48 pm