HEARING 
FT 500 Club

Post HEARING
HI MY FRIENDS,
NEXT TUESDAY THE 13TH I HAVE MY SECOND HEARING TO RECEIVE SS DISABILITY BENEFITS. THIS IS MY LAST CHANCE. IF I'M TURNED DOWN AGAIN I HAVE TO START THE PROCESS OVER. WHICH YOU KNOW IS A LONG PROCESS. I FIRST APPLIED IN FEB. 2007. I AM SO SCARED AND NERVOUS!
DOES ANYONE HAVE ADVICE AND/OR TIPS FOR ME. THE JUDGE DOES NOT BELIEVE IN FIBRO.
GRANNY

Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:05 am
FT Favourite

Post Re: HEARING
I do not know if it is possible in this type of case, but a change of venue sounds is what's needed here. You need a judge that has not already formed an opinion on fibro. judges are supposed to remain unbiased. You may also consider reporting the judges behavior. Did he actually say he doesn't believe fibro is real? I've got one word for him - KARMA! Just wait til he or someone he loves is stricken with it. What comes around goes around. [ not that I would wish this on anyone.....]

Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:17 am
FT Hall of Famer

I would just like you to know i wish you all the luck in the world :hug I cant offer you any advice sorry :( because as you know we do things differently over here in the UK

But i just wanted you to know i,ll be rooting for you :hug and wishing you all the best :thumbsup

love mo *rows*

NO EXERCISE FOR SEVEN DAYS MAKES ONE WEAK
http://pixamo.simplesite.com Welcome to my personal Blog Mo

Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:37 am
FT Favourite

what barbara said. if you have any other conditions that can be seen on tests, like arthritis, or back injury, or something with your spine, or anything, make sure to document that as well. i didn't even bother to apply based on fibro but i'm lucky that i'm deafblind (in the sense of qualifying for disability, deafness and blindness are probably the easiest disabilities to get disability for.)
:luck :luck

nim

Sat Jul 10, 2010 8:25 am
Fibromite

I'm waiting now to see the Judge. It'll be 2yrs in Nov. Mobile Judge is where I will go. I know they are reviewing cases that were submitted when I did mine. I'll :dance be so glad.. :dance
Wish you all the Luck on your date too.

Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:36 pm
FT 500 Club

I'm happy to say mine is over and I have been approved. It took almost 4 years. good luck when you see the judge. It's nerve racking waiting and wondering.
granny

Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:42 pm
FT Hall of Famer

OH GRANNY :hug WHAT FANTASTIC NEWS I,M SOOO THRILLED FOR YOU :yahoo WHAT A MASSIVE RELIEF YOU MUST FEEL LIKE THE WORLD AS BEEN LIFTED OF YOUR SHOULDERS AFTER ALL THIS TIME I HOPE NOW YOU HAVE ALL THIS WORRY AND STRESS
LIFTED OVER THIS YOU MAY START TO FEEL A LITTLE BETTER I,M SURE YOU WILL :hug

THANK YOU FOR LETTING US KNOW THIS MAY GIVE HOPE TO MANY OTHERS WHO ARE NOW GOING THROUGH WHAT YOU,VE BEEN THROUGH THAT SOME TIMES THERE IS A LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL :hug

LOVE MO *rows*

NO EXERCISE FOR SEVEN DAYS MAKES ONE WEAK
http://pixamo.simplesite.com Welcome to my personal Blog Mo

Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:05 pm
FT Phenom

I know what helped me qualify were signed letters with phone numbers of my friends and people I had worked with who saw how I struggle. I think it made how bad my bad days(weeks :shrug ) are real for the board.
Good Luck ! :hug
Karen

Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:06 pm
Fibromite

I had my second hearing almost two weeks ago, but my first before a judge and I can say it was brutal. He was horrible to me. He talked to me like I was faking it and he was in total contempt of me. I was so traumatized I almost passed out in mid hearing. Of all my ailments, including my Fibro, which he refused to discuss he would only talk about the gout I have in my hands. This Judge, in Louisville, Ky, in case you are from there I wish you luck, was so demeaning and dismissive of my Fibro it was so shocking to me.

I had an exhaustive medical file and a very good SSD lawyer with me, but this judge ranted on about my shopping habits and if I can count enough to shop alone. I was stunned to silence. He even went on about my pink cane. But refused to ask any questions about my daily struggles to get around or how I feel or my numerous medications. It was a complete circus. I was so traumatized I have since gone into therapy for it.

He gave my doctor ten days to get him some more info on my gout but I am sure he will turn me down. He spoke to me like I was a dog. And he is paid $143K but the government to access if we are deserving of SSD not insult us and talk down to us. If you get a better judge I am happy for you. Looks like I will have to appeal to the national level and wait until they hear him on the tape of State Hearing. What a joke it was.

Southern Diva :diz

Tue May 03, 2011 7:13 pm
FT 500 Club

I haven't been through the process so I know little about it.

Saying prayers for you and fingers and toes crossed. :)

Good luck!!

:hug
doodlebug

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11

Hope is being able to hear the music of the future,
Faith is having the courage to dance to it today.

Tue May 03, 2011 7:20 pm
FibroTalk Fan

I am just starting my first appeal and these posts scare me! I wish you luck!

Tue May 03, 2011 7:29 pm
FT 500 Club

I'm s/s your have to go through this. My judge was the same way. He was degrading among other things. My lawyer had to walk me to my car I was so upset.
I wish you luck, its not fun trying to get SSDI. it's a long hard road. Hang in there, don't give up that's what they want us to do.
granny :hug :hug

Tue May 03, 2011 8:17 pm
Fibromite

I want to thank you all for your encouraging words. I've never had such a traumatizing event. The judge was horrifying to me. He is old and my attny. told me he does not believe in Fibromyalgia. How can someone who hears disability cases everyday not believe in Fibromyalgia? It makes no sense to me. That is his job. How can a judge tell an applicant that Fibromyalgia doesn't exist? It's a bona fide medical condition. I hate when people tell me It's all in my head and I'm not really sick. This judge is that type pf person.

We, who have Fibro, have so much to overcome, including professionals who refuse to believe we are ill. I wish all of you with legal cases pending the best of luck. I hope you get judges who are more enlightened and better educated than mine was.

Once this is all behind me I am considering a law suit against the judge and SSD for Harrassment and Trauma. When you have Fibro. stress is one of the worse things anyone can do to you and to put me through what he put me though was cruel. I think all judges need to be put on alert about treating people who are ill so shamelessly.

Southern Diva

Wed May 04, 2011 12:03 am
Fibromite

You all will not believe this but I was denied SS Benefits by the horrible judge I had. I have been in therapy since my hearing, I was so upset by the way I was treated by that judge. My wonderful doctor moved out of state and I have been forced to get a new doctor and he has shocked me to no end too. Good thing I'm in therapy to deal with it all.
My new doctor had the nerve to suggest that Fibro is Post Trauma Stress Syndrome and asked had I suffered some abuse as a child. Again I have run into a doctor, like that old judge who thinks its all in my head.

I hate dealing with a male dominated medical and judicial fields that thinks Fibro is more mental than physical.

Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:28 am
FT 500 Club

I'm s/s you have to go through all of this crap. It doesn't seem right that some get it with no problem and some have to go through such awful things.
Don't give up, keep fighting. :hug :hug :hug
granny

Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:03 pm
FT 500 Club

SouthernDiva, I refuse to have male doctors unless there's no possibility of a female dr. in a practice. And its exactly for their male opinions and their grandiose presenting like they are God or something. Women drs. listen, they understand better where you are coming from and they are gentle. I'm sorry what happened to you with the judge and I hope you do pursue suing him. When I applied for SSDI, my TDI was ending. Whatever my drs. sent to them, I was accepted right away. I was lucky. My friend who has fibro, fought for acceptance for 4 years and finally got accepted last year. She had to go to court and had a good disabilty lawyer and the judge she went before was a woman. SSDI apparently had refused her because she was married. It took her lawyer to fight that she had worked all her life and even though married, her income was her own for her own needs. SSDI put her through horrible testing like lifting weights, moving objects from one place to another, even to getting down on the floor and picking herself up again. She had had 3 back surgeries! Unbelievable! I wish you the best of luck on your appeal. Therese *rows*

Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:50 pm