Disabled Person Parking Permits (Ontario Canada) 
Site Admin

Post Disabled Person Parking Permits (Ontario Canada)
So if you need assistance to walk for any distance you can get the form online or from a MTO office.

(Excerpt from the website)
To qualify for this permit, the individual must be unable to walk unassisted for more than 200 metres in 8 minutes or less without causing serious difficulty or danger to safety or health. A licensed physician, osteopathic physician, chiropractor, physiotherapist or occupational therapist must certify the applicant's condition on the permit application.

A permanent permit is valid for five years while a temporary one is valid for up to two years. Temporary permits are issued when the disability is expected to last more than two months, but is not considered a permanent disability.

http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/dandy/ ... sabled.htm

The following applies to the GTA area. If you live outside of Toronto you may wish to make a call to your local police department and find out if there are special accommodations in your area for those who have a Disabled Person Parking Permit.

"A permit holder or driver who displays a valid disabled person parking permit is EXEMPT from the following: "

1. Signed prohibited parking areas, including
- time restricted "No Parking Areas" (ie 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.)
- General No Parking Anytime Areas that display the regular "No Parking Sign"

*This does not apply to signed rugh hour routes -7:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. or 3:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. Monday to Friday.

2. Signed on street parking areas. You are allowed to park without a designated on-street parking permit.

3. Where it says 1 and 2 hour maximums YOU MAY park longer

4. You do NOT have to adhere to the assigned 3 hour parking limit in effect on "All City Streets." You may park longer than the three hours.

5. You may park at ON-STREET Parking Meters or Pay and Display Machines without putting a coin in the meter/machine during the hours of legal operation.

*Note: Exemptions do not apply on private property

**please note that in the above listed situations parking is permitted for a period not to exceed 24 hours.

Respectfully Gauchi

Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:18 am
FT First Lady

Post disabled parking permits in NC
In the US each state may pass its own laws regarding disabled parking permits. In NC, you obtain the form from the Division of Motor Vehicles either on-line or at their offices. A doctor must certify that you have some type of disability, FM is often classified as having a neurological disorder. A tempoary placard lasts for 6 months and costs $5. A permanent placard lasts for 5 years and costs $10. When you display the placard, you may park at a meter without depositing any money and with no time limit. Using the placard to park close by has been very helpful in conserving my energy.

Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:40 am
Site Admin

Post Re: Disabled Person Parking Permits (Ontario Canada)
Rhijulbec

You can apply and get approved for this

Respectfully Gauchi

Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:03 am