strange notice from SSI? 
FT First Lady

Post strange notice from SSI?
I just got this strange notice from SSI this morning.

I think it is SSI, hard to keep track which is SSI and which is SSDI as they both call themselves SSI.

They are asking if I have gotten payments from a federal or state agency for disability. Well, yeah... from you!! :lol3 :scratch

Both places send me notices as they have paid me or changed what they paid me, they both seam to know what each other is doing, as they adjust payments accordingly. But now I get this strange letter. I worry that if I fill it out wrong, my payments might get messed up. Stressed me out.

And the letter is obviously written so long ago. It asks for copies of checks I've gotten.....ah, really? Everything has been direct deposit etc. They even ask if I was denied or approved and to send a copy of the judges decision etc. Dude, they have all this stuff, they sent me this stuff. So weird. I even went down to the SSI office after I won and we went over so much stuff. Maybe it's some form letter they are sending out to stop some payments to some who don't need it?

Anyways, just wondering if anyone else has gotten this notice. I will call them tomorrow or next week because often you have to wait on the phone for hours or not get through at all. And hopefully my brain will work better tomorrow. They also wrote that i should mail the info in the envelope provided and then they said fax it. :dizzy
I'm sure they meant do one or the other but it wasn't worded like that. It's all so odd.

My guess is it is from the SSI or the welfare form of disability so they are asking about the SSDI (based on what I paid into the system) I don't know though, it isn't clear in the letter at all. This stuff stresses me out. As they help pay for medications and doc visits and I so really need and appreciate all the help I've been given. Just hope it doesn't get messed up. Worries me and makes me afraid they will take away some $ and medical support.

:shrug

Fri May 11, 2012 5:10 am
FT Favourite

Post Re: strange notice from SSI?
How weird. I'm sorry you are having this stress. :hug You would think the government wouldn't make such mistakes. I received a letter from medicare the first of this year saying that as requested they would not be withholding and paying that withholding to my medicare advantage program any longer. Well I didn't request it. The letter said if I had any questions to call Social Security. I did and the woman I spoke to was rather rude and said she didn't know why the letter said to call them. But if the letter said that and I hadn't requested it, then my medicare advantage plan had. No help. Called my medicare advantage insurance. They claimed that the medicare office in St Louis had messed up and sent a bunch of these letters out by mistake and not to do anything but wait, that they would get it straightened out. They did, thankfully. Of course I got a huge bite taken out of my March check, but at least I knew that was going to happen.

Fri May 11, 2012 9:24 am
FT Friend

I haven't gotten anything like that. Not sure what I'd do other then panic until I talked to someone.

I did however just go through my first review and sooo nerve wracking to say the least. :bang

Fri May 11, 2012 12:13 pm
FT First Lady

Thanks for the support. Sorry you had that mess up lins, and sorry you had a review PinkDaisy. I worry just thinking about a review.

So, I called the social security offices. First call I made was to the main office and I'm not sure if the lady understood what i was asking. She hung up on me after reading the letter outloud to me. That was unusual. I was like....."did she hang up on me?" *eyes*

So, I thought, well, call the local office, maybe I'll have better luck. So glad I did. Got hold of a very nice lady right away, no wait time really! And she was very nice and explained to me that they were asking if I was getting other payments from other agencies, like worker's comp or state agencies. The letter didn't mention worker's comp specifically. I asked if I should send copies of letters from SSI to show what they send me, she said I could but it wasn't nessassary that i just needed to check a box that said I wasn't recieving any public support. It's strange because SSI is public support so it feels wrong to check that box. I just don't want to mess anything up. But, I feel sooo much better after speaking with that lady. Can't believe i didn't have to wait long. They really seamed to make that whole system run better. I think I have had good luck with calling the local SSI office in the past too rather than the main office. So, thought I would pass that on. I think calling the local office tends to be better, they understand a bit more.

I'm so thankful I live in a country that has a disability system. Whew. Feel so much better, but will take my body some time to recover from the stress. Still a little stressed about the letter, but will do what she said and fingers crossed it's all good.

:bow2

Fri May 11, 2012 3:01 pm
FT Friend

Glad you got it all sorted out :)

I can't or shouldn't really complain. This was my first review in 6yrs. But it's still so nerve racking not knowing what their thinking when they do these things. What if their in a bad mood, what if they think I'm full of it lol All kind of things go through my mind :doh

Fri May 11, 2012 5:53 pm