My toes feel as if they're broken 
FibroTalk Fan

Post My toes feel as if they're broken
Is this a fm thing? I am not sure when this happened, I think maybe it was over the summer. My feet hurt all of the time, but especially two toes on my right foot. Honestly, they feel as if they're broken. I have had broken toes before, and that's what this feels like, except they haven't healed and they were never injured.

Sometimes I feel stabbing needles on the tip of one of my 'broken' toes. It's unbearable.

I don't see any threads about toe pain, so I thought I'd ask.

Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:34 am
FT Hall of Famer

Post Re: My toes feel as if they're broken
If it is the third and forth toes it could possibly be Morton's Neuroma- which is a growth on the nerve between the third and forth metatarsal (long bones in the foot that the toes attach to.) It is basically like a pinched nerve and can cause severe pain. You may also feel pain in the foot between the metatarsals as well as in the toes. You would need to see a podiatrist to get a proper diagnosis. It can sometimes be helped by cortisone injections and/or orthotics (arch supports). The orthotics can help redistribute the weight on your foot.

You should make sure that shoes you wear are fitting properly and have plenty of room for your toes.

She was not quite what you would call refined.
She was not quite what you would call unrefined.
She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot.

Mark Twain

I thought I was hearing voices...turns out it was just my parrot
:peng

Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:59 am
FT 500 Club

I thought I had a trapped nerve or something in one of my toes; it felt like I was walking on broken glass. It turns out that the bone in that toe looks like it's degenerating or even disintegrating!! The rheumy I was seeing at the time believed it had been a previous trauma to that toe that was causing it, so may this is what's happening to you?

I have several times, got up in the morning and felt like all my toes were broken, I couldn't put any pressure on my toes/feet to walk properly. (This was onlly in one foot though). That pain lasted 2 or 3 days. My toe/top of foot area looked swollen too. The only thing I could think of, is that my foot and toes got caught up in the bed covers through the night and they got over-stretched or something.

If it's lasting more than a few days and happens frequently, you do need to have this checked out properly, xrays can check to see if there are any new fractures or deformities or bone deterioration etc, and hopefully you can find out what it is and get thr right treatment for it. Let us know how you get on xx

Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:18 am
FibroTalk Fan

It's the 2nd and 3rd toes. I have a terrible time finding shoes that fit, because my feet are so wide that a lot of men's shoes don't even fit. So, even in winter I wear sandals, Eccos, Keens, etc., because I can actually get them on.

Arch support? Interesting.

Thanks for your replies.

Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:42 am