jobs for people with fibromyalgia???? 
FT Phenom

Post jobs for people with fibromyalgia????
Hi..Here is my question, I am wanting to start my life over again. One from the Fibromyalgia (2000) was when I was given the title, Two My husband passed away in 2007, I a now with no health insurance and income. Three I didn't work when I was married the fibro stopped me and my husband was ok with me staying home.Now I HAVE to work..and I am in so much pain. I have gained so much weight...I can only work part time and no where close to the field of work I used to do. If I could make the income I did life would be so much easier and stress far less. But I have to work for almost min wage and that alone with the depression from not being able to have a career is sad.
I was told there are attorneys, doctors out here ..ppl who are still able to live...I would like to know HOW..or what career is good for work from home..so that when the pain sets in I can stop and put my tens unit on or lay down ..or do what I need to do..but still make the deadlines on the job..trust me I would make that happen..any ideas????? please I am open to anything almost..
Thanks
Lori

Wed Dec 01, 2010 2:06 pm
Post Re: jobs for people with fibromyalgia????
As Barbara said have you filed for disability? Do you have any ideas what field you would like to get back to work in?

Where you have been out of work for awhile and not knowing what the job market is in your area of Florida it's hard to make suggestions. My best thought is go to your local Arthritis Association and talk with them about your Fibro ask if they could help you find training in a job your interested in.

While working on this I would definitely file for disability.

Bonnie

Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:31 am
As Barbara said have you filed for disability? Do you have any ideas what field you would like to get back to work in?

Where you have been out of work for awhile and not knowing what the job market is in your area of Florida it's hard to make suggestions. My best thought is go to your local Arthritis Association and talk with them about your Fibro ask if they could help you find training in a job your interested in.

While working on this I would definitely file for disability.

Bonnie

Thu Dec 02, 2010 7:31 am
FT Phenom

I have applied for disability..and was turned down several times. I tried to get an attorney but they all seem to say there is no win there. As I dont have the SSA part where you worked for the 10 years in the bank so to speak. Now you have to understand I was applying for all this during the past few years I tried again was turned down again late 2009 but with my husbands death in 2007 the depression and anger and confusion and :diz got so bad that I really dont think I did it right, I begged for others to help me..but no one was there... I know that I deserve disability, I do push that very best I can ...and the doctors you have must know how to fill out forms also and mine here in FL is lost on it all. I need a new doctor but with out insurance ..it makes things almost impossible.

I like the idea of going to the local arthritis foundation. and talking to them. That is a great idea..I will try that. Thank you for that.

I also think it is time to try again on the SSI. This time the doctor is starting me on some meds Paxil to help me..through this hard time. I have concentration issues, memory issues that he is now seeing along with PTSD along with Perimenapausal starting in ..with the husbands death in 2007 kids moving out growing up ..and starting their own lives and me here ..well lost.. I have to try something..

Thanks for such great ideas and help ....I will read your section on getting disability ...its just a matter of concentration..I have little to none..
*thanks*

Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:26 am
Hey Lori,

You should file for SSI/SSDI, that's what I did. Make sure to list your husband as deceased and talk to an SSI worker about claiming disability under his name. SSI is for people who have never worked/SSDI is for people who have worked.

I believe an SSI worker will help you. If not when you go to the Arthritis Foundation ask them for help. Another idea was your husband in the service? If he was you may be able to get help with the paperwork from Veteran's Disability services as his spouse.

Another thought remember to include any jobs you had during high school, even though you probably didn't file taxes those jobs should be credits under your social security number.

If you have any questions pm me and I'll try to help you.

Bonnie

Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:09 am
FT Phenom

I have worked from home for many years and worked full time unil rececently (due to my Fibro). There are many good companies that are out there who hire virtual workers and pay hourly ($14-$25). Here are a few:
http://www.arise.com (This is a Florida based company and they are actively hiring right now)
http://www.Intelemark.com (B2B appointment setting and they pay $14-$18+ per hour)
http://www.lionbridge.com/lionbridge/en ... essors.htm (Internet Assessing job that pays $14 plus bonuses. This one is good because you can work anytime of day or night at your own pace)
http://www.Leapforce.com (same as above Lionbridge)
http://bluezebraappointmentsetting.com/ ($14- $18+ per hour B2B appointment setting

There are others out there as well :)

Hope this helps!

Sat Dec 04, 2010 10:05 am
FT Phenom

The Appointment Setting is setting business to business appointments for the sales team of companies. The Internet Assessing job is reviewing websites and rating them. Both are legit jobs and do not require any purchases. If you go on the websites that I posted there are descriptions of each. Good luck!!! :)

Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:30 pm
FT 500 Club

I was just considering the same thing. I hope things work out for you thanks for the post

Sun Dec 05, 2010 7:55 pm
FT Phenom

Thank you so much for all you helpful information!!

Sun Dec 05, 2010 9:21 pm
FT Favourite

Lori,

If I'm not mistaken...Lakeland is in the Orlando/Daytona area? I applied for my disability when I lived down there. At first they said that they didn't think I would get it because of my youngish age, higher education, and job skills. My previous line of work was in corporate positions and therefore not considered physically taxing. Long story short, I did get it but it took two years. I promise everyone here that there is nothing in this for me. I wanted to tell you that I used the law firm Hill and Pontin. They have offices in Daytona and Orlando and do such a fantastic job, plus they treat you with respect. You might want to give them a call? They fill out your application and do all the work. I had to do nothing at all. I wish you the best of luck and hope that you find something soon.

Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:40 am
FT Phenom

Wow Thank you so much for that information. Right now I am working. I work part time ..and sometimes thats to much . I am a senior caregiver now. But I will give the attorneys you recommened a call. thank you so much..

Lori

Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:52 am