testicle pain? 
Fibromite

Post testicle pain?
I have fibromyalgia, (I'm female) two of my three sisters have it. Now it appears my son has it. He's 35 and miserable. His problem is getting a dr to agree that's it fibro. (His symptoms are unilateral - hope that's the right word - he only has symptoms on one side of his body, but has ALL the trigger points on that side.) We have found research to prove it happens one-sided so that's not the problem.

He is now suffering from undiagnosed testical pain on the left (all his other symptoms are on the left) He had an ultra sound - no cancer, no nothing that they can see. Just slight swelling and extreme pain. Antibiotics for 2 weeks haven't done a thing.

I found research that shows women can get vulva pain, and wonder if this testicle pain is along the same lines?? Any thoughts??

Wed Nov 30, 2005 10:13 pm
Site Admin

Post Good Question Mouse.
Good Question Mouse.

I sent your question to my pain Doctor he specializes in FMS and Men's health. I'll see if he will answer. ;)

Respectfully Gauchi

Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:42 am
FT Favourite

Has your son bumped or injured the area recently? The reason I ask is that about 7 years ago our daughter head butted my hubby in the groin. Didn't hurt at the time but months later he developed what is called a Hydrocell, in one testicle. It just shows up as swelling, but in fact he was getting fluid build up, it became very painful. He finally had surgery to have it drained. It took DR's 3 years to figure it out.

Good Luck..........Ingrid

Thu Dec 01, 2005 4:02 pm
Fibromite

Hi Mouse,

Has your son bumped or injured the area recently?
Good Luck..........Ingrid

Nope - no hydrocel - that was checked for already. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:05 pm
Fibromite

Post Re: Good Question Mouse.
gauchi wrote:
Good Question Mouse.

I sent your question to my pain Doctor he specializes in FMS and Men's health. I'll see if he will answer. ;)

Thank you. I hope he answers soon.

Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:06 pm
Site Admin

Post Re: testicle pain?
Mouse wrote:
undiagnosed testical pain on the left (all his other symptoms are on the left) He had an ultra sound - no cancer, no nothing that they can see. Just slight swelling and extreme pain. Antibiotics for 2 weeks haven't done a thing.

I've never heard of this symptom in connection with fibromyalgia (left or right). I think it's important that your son consult a urologist. While fibromyalgia syndrome brings on a wide array of symptoms, it's very dangerous for us to assume that our symptoms may be caused by fibro. More testing is needed!

As noted above, trauma to the area is the most common cause of such pain. ( *kick* )

The fact that the ultrasound results were clear is good. Please report back if you see a urologist and let us know about your son's progress. God bless!

*1*

Some will sell their dreams for small desires
Or lose the race to rats
Get caught in ticking traps
And start to dream of somewhere
To relax their restless flight

Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:35 pm
Fibromite

Post Re: testicle pain?
soulstice99 wrote:
I've never heard of this symptom in connection with fibromyalgia (left or right). I think it's important that your son consult a urologist. While fibromyalgia syndrome brings on a wide array of symptoms, it's very dangerous for us to assume that our symptoms may be caused by fibro. More testing is needed!

As noted above, trauma to the area is the most common cause of such pain. ( *kick* )

The fact that the ultrasound results were clear is good. Please report back if you see a urologist and let us know about your son's progress. God bless!

*1*

No injury, even in the past 6 months. I'll suggest a urologist. I'm sure he hasn't considered that - yet. He thought it might be fibro when no one could diagnose the cause of the pain. *shrug*

Thanks anyway.

Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:58 pm
FT Hall of Famer

Post Testicle Pain Like Vulvadonia?
Many many fms women have a very torturous "striking" pain called vulvadonia. I wonder if this pain you describe your son having could be compared to that... the "outer sex organs" being "hit" by fms. It hits everywhere else, so why not there?

Fibromom

Sun Dec 04, 2005 10:25 pm
Site Admin

Post Mouse
Hiya Mouse

I have not forgot about getting an answer or suggestions for your question.

I know the doctor has read it.

His secretary reminded him again today for an answer.

As soon as I hear anymore I'll post it.

Respectfully Gauchi

Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:25 pm
Site Admin

Post TESTICLE PAIN.
Quote:
:oops: YES, I HAD TESTICLE PAIN. I AM A MALE W/FIBRO. THE DOC FINALLY CONCLUDED IT WAS FIBRO. IAM 44. MUCH PAIN CAN BE RELATED TO THE SURRONDING MUSCLES. THE SOAS ? IS A CULPRIT FOR MUCH GROIN PAIN.... DO U HAVE A TRIGGER POINT BOOK. THIS WOULD SHOW WAHT POINTS TO HIT FOR RELEIF. THERE R STRETCHES ALSO . ANY MORE ASSITANCE JUST EMAIL ME. PUT TESTICLE PAININ HEADING GLINDABOY@AOL.COM
PEACE
REV. KURT

This is a member reply I got .

I am still waiting for the dr's answer.

Respectfully Gauchi

Mon Jan 09, 2006 8:00 am
Site Admin

Post Finally a response:)
Wed, 11 Jan 2006 13:40:02 -0500 I received this email, it's the reply from my pain doctor who does men's health and FMS :D .

Dr. Saul has sent his response:

Quote:
According to Dr. Saul the two conditions are not related. Here is his response. Sorry for the delay in sending it.

Re: FM and men and testicular problems. Good news and bad news - the conditions are not related, that's the good news. The bad news - testicular pain, swelling, problems can be quite frustrating to treat. Go back to the urologist and keep going and keep trying different meds until something works. Good luck. DS

Warmly,

Jana

Respectfully Gauchi

Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:25 pm