Bone crushing fatigue 
FT First Lady

Post Bone crushing fatigue
I'm at my wits end with this freaking fatigue. It's a horrible thing to think or say, but I'm "used to" pain. I can't handle this awful fatigue. I'm out of bed after a full night of sleep, and within two hours, I'm back in bed because I can't stay awake. I have zero energy, my husband is reaching his tipping point before he stops supporting me because he thinks I'm doing nothing to help myself. But I can honestly say he is the one who is wearing me out.

What cani do about this being tired all the time? I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired.

Image Image

Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:12 pm
FT Hall of Famer

Post Re: Bone crushing fatigue
My dear Wendy i am sure we all understand exactly how you feel it is a complete nightmare to feel the way you do :hug I myself suffer more from pain which in the end does cause complete exhaustion

But i am lucky even though i do wake exhausted i can come round later in the day And i have often said while going through a few days of utter exhaustion 24/7 How do people like you who have to deal with CFS every single day is beyond my comprehension

Given the choice i would take suffering with my pain over your exhaustion everytime :hug

i dont know how you suffer with an husband who doesnt understand
on top of what your already dealing with i wish i could offer some really helpful advice wendy But all i do when like you to be honest is try really hard not to fall into bed and sleep

i know its so hard to do But i try and even just sit in a chair and rest my head on a pillow and maybe do nothing but whatch tv Because i know for me i need to keep to some sort of sleeping pattern

So i will try and at the very least put off crawling into bed untill 8 or 9pm some how i think we need to break the vicious circle of sleeping all the time And i do know it is easier said than done :hug

But i think we do need to stick with a sleep routine even if we cant drag our butt from the bed i know for me just getting out of bed to the chair somedays is an acomplishment as we know too much sleep will only make most of us want more :shrug

I am so sorry your feeling so bad right now wendy and i am sure the feeling of hopelesness coupled with Hubbys attitued must be making you feel a bit depressed also I know it would me and that will only add to your feeling of exhaustion

i am sorry i was not very helpful but i wanted you to know i do understand and your not alone i am sure others maybe able to offer some usful advice i do hopes Because CFS imo is just the worst thing :hug

Love Mo *rows*

NO EXERCISE FOR SEVEN DAYS MAKES ONE WEAK
http://pixamo.simplesite.com Welcome to my personal Blog Mo

Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:37 pm
FT Favourite

I don't have any great words of wisdom either. I can deal with pain better than the fatigue. I too have had the butt dragging fatigue more this summer. I don't know why but it's killer.

I wish I had an idea or suggestion for you that would help. All I have to offer is a (((Wendy))). Take care of you!

There's always a mountain in front of me,
Seems I'm always climbin and fallin and climbin
But I keep on tryin

Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:49 am
FT Favourite

i agree the fatique is the main problem. i take pain meds for pain they take care of a lot of pain problems unless i am having a flare then nothing helps.
fatique on the other hand i am helpless to. there isnt anything that can be done except sleep sleepand sleep

is this living?? somedays i just feel so disgusted
with myself
i have said this befor i have a 6 hr window to get everything done that needs tobe done. i have to use the spoon theory to know what to do that day. do i change the sheets or go the grocery store or wash the floor?
after 6 hrs i am on thecouch.
7 pm maybe 8 i go one my bed to read, computer or watch a tv show which is rare no toomany shows on that hold my interest.
fatique is overwhelming and the couch calls. prema come here and i go!!!!!!!

Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:22 pm
GOOD FOR YOU PREMA!
YOUR BODY KNOWS WHAT YOU NEED,....EVEN IF ''YOU'' WANT SOMETHING ELSE..

YOUR DOING WELL HUN, REALY YOU ARE,...NEVER BEAT YOURSELF UP WHEN YOU JUST ''CAN'T DO SOMETHING''....IT WILL WAIT..(UNLESS THE HOUSE IS ON FIRE :hair )

TAKE THINGS IN YOUR STRIDE, FRUSTATING,...BUT LEARN TO UN-FRUSTRATE :scratch .... & GO :shrug ..(WHEN EVER!!! WHAT EVER!!!)

IT'S ALL PART OF THIS MONSTER...HAVE TO LET HIM WIN A LITTLE ''SOMETIMES''' loll
SPARKIE :hug

Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:24 am
FT Hall of Famer

i, too, wish i could be of help to you wendy, but like the others i can only give you lots of :hug :hug :hug :hug and an ear(eye?) to listen and support.

for the last year, i have been suffering with the same thing, except for the dh, i don't have one. i know now that it was stress from what i was going through and the cancer. now it is from stress of another kind and recovering from the double mastectomy.

i don't even try to follow a sleep pattern, it doesn't seem to work. i sit in a chair or in front of this puter and the next thing i know, i seem to be waking up. even while i'm eating; it's not the first time i have woken up with food all over my face loll loll loll

i also have sleep disorders, and that doesn't help either.

hang in there hun, and know we are here to support you and we understand where you are coming from.

love ya

pax
leit
ImageImageImage
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
may your moccasins find the easy path;
may you ever walk in peace

AS IS-WHERE WUZ

Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:56 pm

I was having the same problem. I started with a new dr who specializes in FM and he explained it was caused because I wasn't getting enough deep sleep. The pain can be the cause.

He also said it was a matter of finding the right medicine cocktail.

I realize this post is a bit vague. I posted for 2 reasons.

1. maybe, with in mind, your dr can help

2. I am doing much better so that would mean there is hope for you too.

Hang in there

Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:50 pm
FT Hall of Famer

Hey Wendy :hug

Sorry you are having such problems with the fatigue. Have you changed any meds recently? I would also mention it to your doctor if this amount of fatigue is a new thing. Maybe a blood test or 2 is in order.

She was not quite what you would call refined.
She was not quite what you would call unrefined.
She was the kind of person that keeps a parrot.

Mark Twain

I thought I was hearing voices...turns out it was just my parrot
:peng

Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:37 pm
FT First Lady

I found out recently some of the reason for the fatigue, though I still have it with more added causes. Someone shoot me now!

My annual blood work showed both my iron and B12 levels lower than normal. I'm now taking iron OTC, and B12 injections once a month, after a quick-increase regimen of once a week for a month, then every 2 weeks for a month. Everything is being checked next week again, so I should know if the injections are working or not.

I'm also now on 300mg of gabapentin three times a day. That's enough to make anyone loopy and tired all the time, especially since the dosage was only increased a week ago. Still not seeing much relief from that either, but I think once the pain cycle is going strong, it's tough for me to break it without some kind of intervention (i.e., toradol injection or other fast-acting pain killer). My other choice is to wait it out, which is what I've been doing this week.

I know one thing... Fibro is NOT for wimps.

Image Image

Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:16 pm
FT 500 Club

s/s to hear about what you have to go through. You are right fibromites are very strong people. :hug :hug
granny

The best way to have the last word is to apologize.

"It is what it is" I rather think "It is what you make it"

Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:15 pm
:hug :hug :hug Oh my word! It's all just such a horrible vicious cycle! THe pain, the stress, the fatigue, each aggravating the other. Are we sure this DD isn't fatal? :dizzy No, I know it's not & sometimes maybe that's the bad news! Oh, I don't mean that.

I told my doctors for years that I was exhausted. I used every description I could come up with. Finally, one day I told my doctor, "I can't believe anyone can be this tired and not be dying." I actually saw her ears perk up. Well, I could tell she was suddenly paying closer attention.

I have been thinking a lot lately about disability. I'm so sick of dragging my tired, hurting self to work & not having time for my personal responsibilities. I feel like I'm running from a monster that is so much faster than me. Totally overwhelming.

Somehow, your post made me realize, I'm not alone with this! I know everyone on here has pain and most have fatigue, but to hear it described as "bone crushing," you're speaking my language!

I hope you find some relief soon. I have started trying D-Ribose powder in my coffee. It's supposed to help. I'll keep you in my thoughts & prayers. :pray :hug

Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:15 pm
FibroTalk Fan

I understand where you are coming from! I was only diagnosed with Fibromyalgia two weeks ago.. but have been suffering for a little over a year. The fatigue is the worst thing ever! at first I thought it was just me being lazy... but then I would notice it more and more.
It is to the point now where I HAVE to take at least one, sometimes two naps a day.
The doctor put me on a sleeping pill to help me go into a "deeper" sleep at night. That helped a little bit and I find I am more comfortable at night now and wake up energized,But, then two hours or sometimes one hour goes by and it hits me like a brick.
It is not like any other tiredness I felt before.. I find it completely different to the tired you feel at bedtime. This fatigue it just hits you like a brick, you can be doing anything and then almost like a flick of a switch it takes all your might to make it to the bed.. There has been times where I have fallen asleep while crocheting. The thing that gets me most is I'm 22 I'm supposed to be full of energy lol. Its something I have been coping with a lot though and something that I am nervous about returning to work for... not the pain but the fatigue.

I wish I could help you out more! But I just wanted to let you know that a lot of us are here for you and experiencing the same things!
maybe ask your doctor about a sleeping pill, it does help somepeople! Take care and just hang in there!!!

Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:58 pm
:wave ,
HI THERE...
YES ITS AWFUL ..
SOMETIMES CFS (CHRONIC FATIGUE SYNDROME) GOES ALONG WITH FIBRO...
THE ARE LIKENED TO BE CALLED ''KISSING COUSINS'''...
NOT EVERY ONE GETS BOTH, & MAYBE THE CFS WILL LESSON IN TIME..
I HOPE SO..
:hug SPARKIE

Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:53 pm
:hiya Really is it possible for chronic fatigue to lessen? Gosh if that's true, I think I could deal with the pain. :lol3 famous last words I suppose. I hate the thought of falling asleep while crocheting, because that's what I've been doing at work, falling asleep in front my computer. I don't have any answers and I don't even have any suggestions, but it's all very confusing and pretty darn scary. Just tell me when the fun begins. :shrug

Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:15 pm
:shrug :shrug :shrug :shrug *pil* *pil* :cry :( *6* *sorrry* IT DOESN'T, BUT I HAD 'CFS' AT FIRST '''BEFORE''' FMS.......AFTER A FEW YEARS IT DIDN'T HIT ME LIKE A """""TIDAL WAVE""""......WHERE I HAD NO CHOICE BUT TO LAY DOWN OR FALL DOWN!

OFCAUSE WITH FMS & THE PAIN, YOU WILL STILL GET TIRED....BUT A DIFFERENT TIRED!
''THAT'S IT FOLKS'
SPARKIE :hug

Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:29 pm
FT Friend

Geez, that's sad. I sure know how you feel. It's my understanding, tho, that fatigue is one of the most prominent symptoms of fms. It's lousy when the people close to you don't understand this, and, instead, consider you to be lazy.

Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:25 pm
FibroTalk Fan

I've been dealing with fatigue for 16yrs. I thought this whole time it was do to my low iron, but now with just being told that I have fibro and seeing this post makes more sense, Everyone around me thinks its because i'm lazy, but they don't realize I used to go out and play with my kids and now within the last few years, i've been to tired, its even got so bad that I can be sitting at the kitchen table and the next thing I know someone is waking me up.

Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:22 pm
FT 500 Club

Welcome to FT. you will get lots of support and information
here.

The best way to have the last word is to apologize.

"It is what it is" I rather think "It is what you make it"

Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:56 pm